Click here to access the 2023 SIA Director Information pack.
Click here to access the 2023 SIA Director Nomination and Candidate Information Form.
Seafood Industry Australia (SIA) is the national peak-body representing the whole of Australia’s seafood industry with members from the wild-caught, aquaculture and post-harvest sectors.
As the voice of Australian seafood, SIA provides consumers, Government and other stakeholders with confident and united representation. We are a member-based, not-for-profit organisation with the mission to Promote, Protect and Develop the Australian seafood industry at a national and international level.
Seafood Industry Australia is seeking to appoint two (2) non-executive directors to its Board. These positions present the unique opportunity to support the direction of the association, and the industry.
The SIA Board provides strategic guidance and effective oversight of the management and performance of the association in delivering its strategy. The Board operates under mature corporate governance and risk management frameworks to ensure the association’s efforts continue the prosperity of this important Australian industry.
As a skills-based Board, candidates with experience and commercial skills in any of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Financial Literacy
– Experience in financial governance management, accounting and/or auditing.
– Demonstrated financial management skills and ability to interpret and interrogate financial information.
- Governance & Management
– Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a company director
– Significant board expertise with an ability to guide the board around governance issues and processes.
– Possess an understanding of membership-based organisations.
- Strategy & Legal Experience
– Awareness of regulatory and statutory frameworks.
– Experience in leading change and innovation in complex multi-stakeholder environment.
– Entrepreneurial mindset.
– Ability to balance competing views and set priorities.
- Industry knowledge & Experience
– Extensive industry experience, with a preference for the aquaculture in at least one role
– Well-connected and respected with a strong network of key stakeholders.
- Communication & Contribution
– Be able to effectively communicate ideas to the board.
– Contribute skills, knowledge and expertise to be an effective member of the board.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Directors must be prepared to attend and participate in various meetings, including at least 4 Board meetings per year, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and serve on board committees. Current committees of the Board include:
- Corporate Governance Committee
- Financial Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Director Nomination Committee
Previous experience as a Board Director and/or willingness to undertake relevant professional development is desirable. GAICD or similar credentials are highly regarded.
This is a volunteer position. Reimbursement will be provided for travel, accommodation and related expenses, in line with company policy. Board appointments are 3-year terms with a maximum of 2 terms as per the Constitution.
SIA welcomes and encourages all suitably qualified candidates to apply. For further information on SIA please visit www.seafoodindustryaustralia.com.au and for an information pack outlining the application process, please click here.
To express your interest, email your application and CV to email@example.com. Applications close by 5pm AEST Thursday, July 27, 2023.