Membership Sales Consultant
Seafood Industry Australia (SIA) is the national peak-body representing the whole of Australia’s seafood industry with members from the wild-caught, aquaculture and postharvest sectors.
As the voice of Australian seafood, SIA provides consumers, Government and other stakeholders with confident and united representation. Our unity indicates a love for what we do, that we stand by our products and that our products are the best in the world.
About the role
SIA is seeking a highly motivated, customer service focused individual to join our team in this key sales role.
In this role you will report to the CEO and will be responsible for the growth and retention of members across the commercial fishing industry and related sectors.
At SIA we realise the right candidate is not always be located on our doorstep and as such, employees work from their established home-office. This is a part-time (three days per-week) position, with the ability to grow into a full-time role, over time, for the right candidate. Your earning potential is uncapped thanks to a bonus structure.
If you are a self-starter with tenacity, experience in sales, customer service and are a natural at managing relationships, we would love to hear from you!
Knowledge of, or a background in the commercial fishing industry or agriculture is a bonus.
To be successful in this position applicants must possess the following attributes:
- Strong organisational and customer service skills that produce measurable results;
- Self-motivated and results-oriented in order to meet and exceed targets;
- A warm and engaging style;
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills and the ability to proactively engage and respond effectively to member needs;
- Confidence to apply sales planning techniques to acquire new and engage existing members using phone, email and face-to-face based selling;
- Enthusiasm and the confidence to propose and deliver new initiatives;
- Excellent time management skills;
- High-level of attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer literacy, excellent data entry skills and great with CRM systems and Microsoft Office suite;
Is this the opportunity you have been waiting for? If so, apply today as we will be appointing the ideal applicant as soon as possible.
SIA values the awareness, acknowledgement and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and their culture within our organisation. We welcome applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV and cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.